Estimated cost for this service:
3406E Reprogramming options: 550hp, 585hp, 625hp - This service is not available at this time
Estimated repair time: less than 1 day
***Memory failures can occur during reflash resulting in an unusable ECM with the Caterpillar A2. Only consider a reflash if you have a backup ECM in case of memory failure. DCS is not responsible for A2 memory failures during reflash. We are looking into replacement memory to remedy this problem.
Here are a few common programming services DCS can provide for the A2 40 pin Caterpillar ECMs
- Injector trim updates (I will need the 4 digit codes off the top of your new set of injectors)
- Speed limiter, cruise control and tire size and/or rear end corrections.
- Jake engagement speed
- Automatic to manual transmission swaps
- Engine fan engagement temperature changes. We get this request a lot. Unfortunately we have yet to find a good way to do this without sensor modifications.
- Customer password changes.
- Please call for more information if you need a program for another application not listed.
Diesel Control Service’s performance programming has been dynamometer tested on healthy engines. Provided your engine is healthy you will get similar results. The dynamometer graphs you see are horsepower and torque at the rear wheels. Wheel torque numbers are very high because the rear end ratio and tire size acts as a torque multiplier.
Fuel efficiency: Higher horsepower programs have the potential to be more fuel efficient due to lower parasitic losses relative to engine power output. This is what the automotive industry is doing right now to meet EPA fuel mileage and emissions standards. High performance engines with forced induction and reduced displacement are what this new eco technology is all about. If we can get a smaller engine to make the horsepower of a larger one then we are saving fuel, and lowering emissions. Black smoke is fuel that didn’t finish burning. White smoke is fuel that barely started burning. You won’t get white or black smoke from the work we do at DCS. We have done our testing and none of the programming services we offer will trigger higher than stock emissions in a grams per horsepower-hour standard.